Friday, January 18, 2013

Green Cards, Hot Chocolate, and Harry Potter

Today I went to ACLI to start the process for getting my "permesso di soggiorno" (a green card sort of thing). I successfully got to the building (which I was proud of) only to find out that I then had to go to il Poste (post office).

You know how waiting at the post office is kind of horrible when there are a lot of people? Well, Italy might just be worse. It's one of those take-a-number systems--I was 223 and they were on 200. They started with four people taking customers. Slowly but surely three of them got up to leave. Great.

Street in the University area
Anyways, I was eventually successful and must get my fingerprints taken on April 15th. I feel like they might have wanted those prints a little earlier since there was such a rush to get the ACLI and post office stuff done today...

Part of my success was buying Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in Italian. I inherited this buying trait from my mom. She will buy anything Phillies-related at the drop of a hat. For me, it's Harry Potter stuff.


And I mustered up the courage to go into a food establishment by myself! I got a piece of Margherita pizza. It was soooooo good. The crust was amazing, as were the toppings.


And then I had a HUGE craving for hot chocolate. So I went and found some.

This is the best hot chocolate I ever had. It was like drinking melted chocolate.


And guess what! It came with little cookies (they called them biscuits). When I dipped a cookie in the chocolate, it was completely coated as if I had dipped it in melting chocolate.


Random note: you pay AFTER you eat/drink in Italy.

I find this odd.

-Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment