Friday, May 24, 2013

Franceschetta 58

Mmmmmmm bread basket. And Victoria's arm.

I'm on a mission to get to as many restaurants as possible before I leave Italy. I've got a long list, a short amount of time, and an ever shrinking wallet, but I'm still going for it!

A few days ago, my friend and I went to the Franceschetta, the sister restaurant of Osteria Francescana. And also a significantly--for reals--cheaper version.

And it was delightful! The restaurant is adorable. There are plates hanging all along the wall of the tiny rectangular dining room and everything is mismatched. Each customer has a different plate and glass set and each table has different table cloths and whatnot.


The food was amazing. We shared everything so they brought us little bowls to put our servings in. And most things were presented in mason jars. I tried hard not to comment on the hipster-ness of this fact.

We got a pea soup with awesome cheese-y bread crumbs and mint on top.


Next this salad with asparagus, zucchini, peas, and fava beans.


Then, this masterpiece. Not 100% sure on what was involved exactly. It was a baked egg with asparagus and some kind of amazing truffle stuff. It wasn't foam and it wasn't cream, but somewhere in between. And beyond delicious.

We licked that ramekin clean. So much so that our waitress commented on our gluttony. It was worth it.


For dessert, this Pistachio Crostatina (mini crostata). My friend is the baker at the Franceschetta and presented us with this beautiful plate.

I'm starting to feel really self-conscious about my now apparent lack of baking skills...


These candied almonds came out as a special offering from the kitchen. They were sweet, salty, and spicy all at once.


A very delicious meal.

Can't wait to get to the next restaurant...

-Meri

No comments:

Post a Comment